THE SEA GUARDIAN LIFEGUARD
"Mission to save life"
TOTAL DROWNED 2016 on Juhu Beach. 04
News Flash: Irshad Qureshi (26) and Abrail Gulam Mohammad Shaikh (22) — drowned at Juhu beach in two separate incidents.
News Flash: 10/06/2016 - Samir Sheikh (17) and Rajesh Choudhari (20) resident of Juhu Koliwada, Bhiyawadi drowned off Juhu Beach (Koliwada Beach) at around 2.45pm.
United Nations chief of environment Mr. Erik Solheim here on Sunday, about the Versova beach clean-up. Mr. Earik Solheim had specially flown from Paris to join Versova Resident Volunteers on its first anniversary of cleaning up the suburban beach stretch, which till a year ago had only a high heap of plastic trash and no sand visible. Mr. Sunil Kanojia President, The Sea Guardian Lifeguard interacted with Mr. Solheim and presented him the way Seaguardian works on Silver beach to protect it from getting filthy and full of plastic garbage’s. Solheim appreciated the work and Advocate Afroz Shah offered seaguardian to join Versova Resident Volunteers (VRV).
The Sea Guardian Lifeguards posted on Silver Beach During Ganesh Visarjan 2016 with First Aid, CPR and Rescue kits ready to deal with any intowards incidents.
(Click Title to watch Video)
28th January 2016 Mumbai (INDIA), Late night some people spotted a huge fish in the high tide water. Morning on 29th Jan people saw huge 40 feet whale fish washed on the juhu beach shore. Thousands of people gathered to see the dead whale fish, national media reached the spot and LIVE news was flashed on Indias most of the channels. Lifeguards and Police was called to mantain law and orders on the beach. Police and lifeguards keep people away from the fish as to keep people safe from any viral infection if fish cascare had carried.
While this whale shark may be huge and rarely seen, it joins many other sea creatures that have unfortunately been washed up on the beaches. Some of the deaths of these animals may be a mystery, but many can be related back to drought and humans.A study by Baylor University showed that drought conditions not only affect water levels, but also water quality. Chemicals, like ammonia, can be more toxic during drought conditions. The study found that when pH levels shift, ammonia in the water can become toxic and affect the fish.According from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 80 percent of pollution to marine life comes from the land. Non point source pollution is the largest cause, which includes septic tanks, cars, trucks, and boats. Farms, ranches, and forest area also contribute to the nonpoint pollution. Oil pollution is also a large killer of sea life. Rough seas spread the oil through the marine environment, as well as to the fish or birds that eat an oil-poisoned animal.
late in the evening the cascara of whale was burried on the shore of Mora village which is end of Silver beach.
Like to inform that today 14/06/2015, Sea Guardian Lifeguards rescued Shaikh Saiful age 21 years resident of Juhu Lane, by profession tailor came to Silver Beach Juhu, with his friends unaware about water current went in the water for swim lifeguard instructed to come out but he paid no heed, soon he was caught in RIP Current and pulled in deep water, as Saiful knew swimming he keept floating above water till the time Mahesh Mangela Lifeguard reached him, helped by Lifeguard Harshwardhan Mangela soon laxman mangela and Ganesh Mangela informed police as Saiful all friends ran away seeing Saiful drowning. police reached spot just to confirm weather it was not foul play.
8 years boy rescued from silver beach Sea water on 24th May 2015 at 4:00pm
Like to update that on Sunday, May 24th 2015, at 4:00pm place Silver Beach Juhu near Godrej Bungalow, People started shouting for Help, as boy around 8 years starting drowning, seeing this Lifeguard Kishore Mangela rushed at the spot and saw the boys hand in the water, he rushed in the water and rescued the little boy, and safely handed over the boy to the parents after all verification was made about the boys health. The boy comes from Andheri West Juhu Lane. He came along with family and went for swimming during high tide, he was pulled by current in deep water.This year this was second drowning rescue made by Sea Guardian Lifeguard.
Dolphin and Olive Ridley Washed on the Silver Beach Shore.
MUMBAI: 4th June 2014 pre monsoon shower washed Dead dolphin and olive Ridley Turtle on the shore of silver Beach late in the night. This was witnessed by hundred of joggers in the morning on 5th June 2014. Lifeguard Complained about the cascara lying on the sea shore cleaning department was deployed to lift the cascara and clean the beach. As it smelled and jogger had complained about the same.
Dear Friends / well-wishers,
We The Sea Guardian Lifeguard like to share that Sea Guardian Lifeguard has completed its five years successfully on March 29, 2012, giving public service in lifeguarding Juhu beach.
We are thankful to all the citizen visiting Juhu Beach/ Silver Beach for their corporation and help in all this years.
Our sincere thanks to RLSS for their support, without their support it was impossible for SGL to complete its five years.
We also like to Thank Ramanik Bhai for his help in getting some life safety gears,
Our special thanks to Sir Ajay Kaul (Principal, Children’s welfare centre High School) for his kind support when ever required.
Above all MCGM ward Officer Mr. Pawar K/West and Juhu Police Station/D. N. Nagar Traffic Police for their help in running sea guardians Operations smoothly.
Hope for best corporations in days and years to come from one and all.
Thank you all
When it comes to beaches, Juhu Silver Beach has had a bad reputation with tourists and local visitors drowning, couples being harassed by rowdy elements, dark and lifeless shores after sundown are common complaints, But not anymore, as The Sea guardian lifeguard & RLSS (I) at silver beach in association with MCGM and Mumbai Police have overcome on all this issues, the beach has recorded zero drowning cases since July 17, 2010. This would have not been possible without the help of RLSS (I) (Rashtriya Life Saving Society – INDIA), RLSS gave SEAGUARDIAN lifeguards training in lifesaving, CPR, Surf Rescuing, First Aid and also Monitory help for span of Six Month.
We thank MCGM (Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai K/West Ward), MUMBAI POLICE (JUHU POLICE STATION) for believing in the SEAGUARDIAN and supporting organization over the years.
How can we forget you people the citizens, thank you very much for your support. Hope for the same support in days to come.
Interested in Joining Our Sea Guardian Lifeguard?
If you're good swimmer & interested in joining Sea Guardian Lifeguard, we're interested in talking to you! SGL Volunteer Lifeguard Service runs on volunteers, so if you can spare some time to help us help others, then don't delay! We're currently looking for volunteers throughout all aspects of Lifesaving. Do you want to be lifeguard, Any time you can spare to help our SGL is much appreciated. If you require any information take a look at our Contacts Page for the relevant person to contact, alternatively email: email@example.com
Safety Precautions during Ganesh Visarjan - 2016.
Make your Ganesh Chaturthi happier and safe by following certain rules.
IMPORTANT: Do not allow any strangers near your procession or Pandal.
1. Processions : Before starting the procession you should always think about the route which the procession will follow. The responsibility of guiding the procession should be entrusted to at least two persons. One should guide the road traffic and other should lead the procession through the correct route. There should be at least four people to hold the ropes form both the sides of the processions. This will help the processions to move ahead easily and will be convenient for vehicles to avoid accidents. Ask the mothers taking part in the procession to take care of their own children.
2. Crackers : You should make sure that you light crackers in open and wide space. As there is lot of crowd on the roads it may be dangerous. You should see that kids are away from the crackers. You should avoid lighting crackers while the processions are moving on the road. This will help avoid pollution and keep you loved one's safe.
3. First-aid box and Water : KEEP First-aid box and water as they are two important things to be carried during Visarjan.
4. Start at the right time : The Visarjan procession should start at the right time. If the processions leave late there will be lots of crowd on the roads and also on the sea-shores. The Police force on duty may not allow you to play music and band on the road if you are late. Even Life Safety at the beach may not be available beyond certain time like LIFEGUARD, Ambulance, and many other facilities required.
5. Precautions at the sea-shore: If the idol is too big you can arrange for a boat. At least three to four men who can swim should enter the sea. Keep children’s and Non Swimmer away from entering in the sea. Make sure that the life-guards are present at the sea-shore. Wear Reflective Life Jackets so that you are visible to the lifesaver Team. Don’t enter in dark area, try and do Ganesh visarjan at safe area on the sea shore.
6. Do not drink Liquor at the beach side.
7. Do not drink liquor and enter in the sea water.
8. OBEY instructions from LIFEGUARDs they are for your Safety.
9. Follow Traffic rules
10. Help Mumbai Police to serve you batter.
The Sea Guardian Lifeguard wishes one and all very Happy Ganesh Festival 2016.